Important Update regarding Emergency Services
Beginning October 29, 2020 Rose Veterinary Hospital will be adjusting the way we handle after-hours emergencies for our clients. As always, we appreciate your understanding and we look forward to continuing to offering the best veterinary care for our valued clients. Unfortunately in this climate of rural and mixed animal veterinarian shortages we are unable to maintain staffing to provide emergency coverage 24/7.
Please note the following changes:
Large Animal Emergencies:
We will continue to see large animal emergencies from 5:00PM to 8:00AM on weeknights and all day on weekends.
Small Animal Emergencies:
We will cover small animal emergencies from 5:00PM to 10:00PM on weekdays and from 6:00AM to 10:00PM on weekends. After 10:00PM we will refer to one of the following emergency clinics in Colorado Springs listed below:
Animal ER Care:
5520 N. Nevada, Colorado Springs
Powers Pet Emergency:
5886 Tuff Blvd., Colorado Springs
It is important to note that while we will be providing an on call veterinarian, Rose Veterinary Hospital does not offer 24 hour staffing at the clinic.
Due to the nature of this emergency service full payment will be required at the time of the emergency visit. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 719-275-1909.
New Client Forms
If you’re coming in to see us for the first time, you can save some time by printing out the forms below and bringing them with you to your appointment. Please fill them out as completely as possible to help us keep your records accurate. If you have previous medical records, please bring them along so we can get a complete picture of your animals past history or drop off the Records Request below at your previous veterinarian’s office..
1. In order to keep costs down and still provide quality care to our clients and patients, we do require payment in full at the time of service.
2. We accept cash, local checks with ID, and all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. We realize that sometimes the cost of pet care can be an unexpected expense. Because we don’t want you making you pet care decisions based solely on your immediate cash flow, Rose Veterinary Hospital routinely accepts Care Credit payment as a budgeting alternative. The application process is simple, takes just 5 minutes to complete, and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 monthly, interest free installments. If you anticipate pet care charges in excess of your funds on hand, please visit www.CareCredit.com or call 1-800-677-0718 to establish your line of credit prior to your appointment.
Advantages of the CareCredit program:
- Low Minimum Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Disadvantages of CareCredit program:
- High Interest Rate on Unpaid Balance
- Promotional Plans Vary Based on Amount Charged
- Minimum Payments Won’t Payoff Balance In 6 Month Interest Free Timeline
- Must Have Active Credit Card and Current Employment for Acceptance
Other Financing Options
Insurance For Your Pets
Insurance policies for pets have become very popular and much more available over the last several years. They all work on a reimbursement model where you take care of the initial veterinary bill and your insurance company reimburses you a set amount based on your policy guidelines. While there are several insurance companies in the pet market now, the links below are for the ones we currently recommend.
Be aware these plans will NOT cover pre-existing conditions and become more expensive the older your pet is when you purchase your policy. Many companies won’t even insure pets after a certain age. Please read about what each company and plan does and does not cover to decide which would be the best fit for you and your pet.