What We’re All About…
Rose Veterinary Hospital offers a full range of veterinary services to care for your pet. We’ve listed some highlights of what we offer but if you don’t see what you’re looking for, please feel free to call and we’ll be glad to help you out. In addition to cats and dogs, we also see ferrets, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters and hedgehogs.
Since pets age about seven times faster than we do, it’s important to give them the best possible care they need at every life stage. We recommend annual wellness exams for pets of all ages as a preventative measure, with more frequent exams for senior pets. These exams can help detect serious conditions, allowing us to treat them in the early phases—before they become unmanageable.
By visiting us annually, you can discuss your pet’s future health outlook and ask questions about any existing conditions. Be sure to take note of any severe changes that have occurred with your pet, including vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, weight gain/loss, excessive thirst, or increased panting or aggression. If your pet is experiencing any of these symptoms or has developed any abnormal behavior since their last wellness exam, please inform our veterinarians.
One thing that really sets us apart for other practices here in Cañon City, is that we provide full emergency coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We achieve that through a strategic partnership with Fourmile Veterinary Clinic. So regardless of when your pets need to be seen, just call our main number to contact the doctor currently on call.
Wellness and Preventative Care
- Annual wellness exams
- Vaccination protocols tailored to your pet’s individual needs
- Nutritional assesment and consultation
- Intestinal parasite testing and treatment
- Heartworm testing, prevention, and treatment
- Flea and tick prevention
- Digital Radiography Screening for orthopedic issues
- Microchipping for pet identification
In-hospital Care for Sick Pets
- In-house diagnostic laboratory for rapid diagnosis and monitoring
- Digital radiograhy for quick, accurate assessment
- IV Fluids and compassionate pain control
- In-house pharmacy to handle your pet’s medical needs
- Close supervision by qualified support staff
- Overnight hopsitalization if necessary
- Coordinated referral to local specialists for complicated cases
24/7 Emergency Coverage for after hour needs
Small Animal Surgery and Dentistry
- Routine soft tissue services for spaying and neutering, splenectomy, bloats, abdominal exploratory, mass removals, and laceration repair.
- Orthopedic repair for simple fractures using splints, casts, and external fixation.
- Modern, dedicated pet animal surgery suite
- IV fluids and pain control for every surgery
- Vital signs monitoring for increased safety
- Professionally trained and certified surgical nurses
- Digital dental radiography for instant evaluation